[at-l] Why I don't reply to the list

Why I reply to questions off list.

10.  I am male and a goodly number of people on the list are
female.  What works for me may not work for them.

9.  I am a section hiker, I start out really out of shape and finish
only slightly out of shape.  A big day for me is 14 to 15 miles.

8. I am 6'5" tall, weight 270 lbs and wear a size 14 boot.  Most of
the backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads are too
small for me.  Can't find clothing to fit me, and boots are hard to
find.

7. I am 57 years old and my body has not aged well.  I carry a lot
of meds.

6. I am pretty disorganized.  I am planning a hike this fall to finish
up NY state.  Starting point Aeden Valley Rd, Finish point Hoyt rd.
7 days.  That is about all the plannig I do for a hike.

5.  I am a fair weather hiker.  I will hike in the rain but not the snow.
 I think any body that does should have their head examined.

4.I like to hike alone, not go into town or to be any part of the thru
hiker scene.

3.  While I really enjoy the outdoors experience I also enjoy it by
canoeing, mountain biking, white water rafting etc.  I find that hiking
really limits ones experience.

2.  I live in PA and I really enjoy the rocks!!

and the number one reason is (Drum roll please)

1.  I know Felix

Cheers,

Grey Owl