[at-l] trail distance in 1952?

>              In 1985 the Trail still went on some of the
> infamous east of the Hudson roadwalks. By the time Avery got
> the Trail built in there most of it was rural private land.
> Houses were few and far apart, so the AT took the roads
> through that section. On my hike in 1985 I walked on several
> still-existing long roadwalks in that section. NY/NJ Trail
> Conference AT board member Elizabeth Levers had started a
> road relocation program in there in the late 1970's. In 1985,
> the only sections moved to ridges were near West Mountain
> (moved from the Pawling roadwalk) and Graymoor.

Then you must have missed some of the AT. I ran the crew that did all the
Putnam County relos. We started in 1983. South Mt Pass to Graymoor was the
first piece. Graymoor to Chapman was second. Then over Canopus Hill and
Canopus Hill Rd to South Highland Rd. The last piece from South Highland
into Fahnestock was done in 1986 so you probably walked a big piece of
Dennytown Road but little else.