[at-l] Data book changes

Amy:

 I know this isn't a popular view of some on this list, but I think the best
 "databook" is Wingfoot's "The Thru-Hikers Handbook." It has virtually all of
 the ATC databook's basic data in a more useful form than the ATC version
 supplies, plus a great deal of additional information. You can find ordering
 information at http://trailplace.com/handbook_2003.html

 I would not start the trail without it and I urge anyone who asks to get a
 copy. Yes. There are errors, as there are in the Companion -- and the databook
 for that matter -- but most are pretty insignificant.

 And no. I don't want to debate this advice with many on the list. I've bought
 several versions of the Companion, and read the most recent version. I think it
 is an extremely valuable book. I wish health problems had not intervened and I
 could have been more helpful to the latest edition. I buy the databook every
 year. I have several editions of Wingfoot's book, including the most recent.

 It's my opinion that it it clearly the most helpful guide to the essential
 information hikers need. Obviously, other opinions may vary. (OOOMV)

 Weary