[at-l] From hiking to the ER etc.

--
Really bummed out now as I ended up in the ER last night with cardiac palpi=
tations, severe nausea, very elevated B/P and some new findings on at Cat S=
can and a referral to a Neurologist.  Well, I had a few good trail days!  I=
 WILL get back on the trail and do at least a long section soon.  Feeling r=
otten today but this cannot last forever.  I AM going to do a thru hike NEX=
T year if it KILLS me.  Sure beats falling off the couch and dying!

We are beginning to call our cabin "Hummingbird's Hostel with Dutch Treats"=
 as it is regularly filled with hikers...on the floor, on the couch, in our=
 loft between the boxes.  It is fun and we love cooking for them and treati=
ng them.  Bear Bag arrived early yesterday (nice to have an ER Doc in the h=
ouse!) with an amazing 81 year old wiry gentleman who could pass for thirty=
 years younger and just decided to do a thru hike.  Wish I had his genes!

Yes Red and a couple of others.....will say hello to Baltimore Jack if we s=
ee him again.  Last I heard he was out looking for a 12 pack.  Wait until y=
ou see the new shirts he has ready for Trail Days...some appropriate to sen=
d home to mother and some not (HIS words)

Another cold, wet rainy day in Georgia....conditions very slippery with wet=
 leaves and mud.  I STILL would rather be out there!!

A very sad Hummingbird this morning after sending our hiker guests out on t=
he trail this morning.

  ---