From: "athummingbird" <athummingbird@hemc.net>
To: "Shane" <shane@theplacewithnoname.com>,
   "Jim Bullard" <bullard@northnet.org>
Cc: <AT-L@mailman.backcountry.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:09:08 -0400
Subject: [at-l] Pittsburgh, encounter with Baltimore Jack and hiking
update

Off the trail for a night with my hubby, Dutch Treat, (who is still
unable
to hike due to a back injury).  Pitts and I hiked into Dick's Creek Gap
which was just too close to home to not stop to shower and spend the
night.
Have been hiking with Pittsburgh for the last few days and having a
fantastic time.  Dutch Treat meets us at trail heads with gourmet meals
which is very much appreciated after a long days hike.  Do I feel
spoiled!
We all went to dinner tonight with Baltimore Jack who looked almost
clean
cut with his short hair cut (compliments of Miss Janet, who he
justifiably
referred to as an angel).  Hikers everywhere at Daniel's tonight
including
one who got "warned" by BJ NOT to bring his pack into the restaurant!
This
man does know how to express himself...LOL!

I suggested to DT that I just keep going to Katadin but he insisted
that I
wait until next year after he has had back surgery.  Oh well...will
hike
until Rainbow Springs THIS time.

Did I EVER mention how much I love living in North Georgia??
Hummingbird

---

Bob Wardecker
ShakeyLeggs Ga-Dam 01 ga-me ?
A Bad Day On The Trail Is Still So Much Better Than A Great Day At Work