[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #1518 - 28 msgs

I really enjoy reading many of these entries.  They remind me of so many
things.
   I remember camping in Australia.  The first time I went, I had a very
cheap tent, with no rainfly.  Why would one need a rainfly in Australia?  It
rained all night.  Not ony did I go buy a fly, but also insulated underwear.
We were awakened in the middle of the night by a large beast.  It turned out
to be a horse, just wandering through the park.  Even the Aussies thought it
strange.  I also remember trying to start a fire by making wood shavings.  A
12 year old askd my why I was doing that.  He piked up a sopping wet gum
branch, shook it off and lit it with a lighter.  I also remember getting a
site with electricity so I could have a light to read by. At about  4:00 in
the morning, I woke up, turned on the light and started reading.  About 10
minutes later, my wife and 2 year old daughter were up complaining about the
rain. The condensation had frozen and my light bulb was melting the frost on
the inside of the tent.  Great memories.---Cheshire