[at-l] shuttles and airports

Deep Gap is approximately 107 miles from Charlotte, NC. 2 hours plus.
	-- Atlanta, GA is about 5 hours plus and 310 miles
	-- Asheville, NC is 112 miles and about 2 hours plus
	-- Winston-Salem is about 75 miles from Deep Gap and about 1 hour
plus.

Piedmont Triad International Airport; 6415 Bryan Boulevard; Greensboro, NC
27409, is apparently the nearest "major airport" for Greensboro,
Winston-Salem, and High-Point. "PTI is located at the convergence of four
U.S. interstate highways and is the most convenient airport for the
residents of Central & Northwest North Carolina and Southwest Virginia."  It
is only 95 miles from Deep Gap, NC.  But apparently is between a 1.5 to 2
hour drive.

Erwin is about 77 miles and 1 hr. and 49 minutes from Deep Gap.  And is
about 220 plus miles from Greensboro and almost 4 hrs. drive time.  But it
is about 50 miles from Asheville and a pinch over 1 hour drive time.

All these distances are from mapquest and are based on "driving" times and
distances: Remember that distance and times vary depending on the roads
through the mts.  Some short distances take longer than some long distances.

William, The library Turtle