[at-l] More Thoughts On Benton (@nd try)

>Secondly, even though Benton was a visionary he could not
>imagine what America would be likein the Year 2001 as we
>cannot imagine what America would be like twenty years from
>now.

If I am not mistaken, part of his vision was of furthering construction of
other trails, including the Bay Circuit Trail which circles Boston.  That
one is not done yet, but they are close and have an active organization.
Later in life, I think he also promoted construction of the C&O, and the
CDT, among others.  Of course by that time his vision had evolved, and been
refined some over that he originally articulated for the AT.

Rick B