Determination vs. Brawn (was) RE: [at-l] Just Hike Theory

--
In a message dated 4/4/2003 8:21:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nealb@midlandstech.com writes:

> And what about the guy who hiked the trail using two clamp-on-the-forearm
> crutches?

    *** I think his name was Bob Barker ' 86. I met him in the Shenandoah and
mailed him a copy of my trip account afterwards. Since then an ancient Tandy
computer ate my floppy version of my trip, leaving me with nothing.

    Bob was no spring chicken, yet managed it on aluminum brace crutches. (I
think he even did it twice!)