[at-l] Trolls, etc

Ken Bennett wrote:
>It's easy enough to create a Kill File or a Rule that disposes of posts
>from people you don't want to read. The Troll has been so added on my email
>program. But I must say I found him amusing in a pathetic >way, at least
>until the unprovoked personal attackes began. Thirteen-year-old boys can be
>such pests at times, yes?

Hmm - Ginny thought he was 12.  Not that there's much difference there.

Actually, the attacks were so juvenile I thought they were hilarious.
Anyone who can't do better than that should find something else to do with
their life.

>The Speed Hiking thread has been *much* more annoying, IMHO. Since both
>Weary and Jim Owen occasionally post great stuff, I have been hesitant to
>add them to the kill file, but the 'speed hiking' thread >has been thus
>dispatched.

Uh huh - and that's always your choice and your privilege.  But I'll tell
you true - I found the thread at least as interesting as some of what's
showed up here over the last month or so.  I realize there are people who
are captivated by the war, hammocks, socks, Trail names, antivirus stuff,
NFP CEO pay, the Handbook vs the Companion and, lately, Trolls --- but I
lose interest quickly in those things anymore.  They''ve been recycled more
times than I could count - even if I took off my shoes and socks.  Maybe I'm
getting old and grumpy.  Well, I can vouch for the grumpy part lately.

OTOH - the speed hiking thread is trail-related in that it's about Trail
history.  And there is a good reason for getting it straight.  But we don't
need to pursue that right now.  And it's different from the usual recycled
topics.  So - as the saying goes - YMMV - or maybe "Hike your own hike".
<VVBG>

And be happy in the diversity the list offers.  It's not common.

Walk softly,
Jim