[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #1513 - 20 msgs

I hope this is on topic and not seen as negative.  As a novice, let me know
better ways.
 I am curious about gray owl.  When I read that name, it truly brings back
fond thoughts of the 1970's.  I remember I was at my peak, living in a cabin
I built, with my motorcycle, 'very cute girl' (future wife- still is after 27
years), enough money, musician friends... a pleasant time.
  We went to Toronto for a weekend and I picked up a book by "gray owl".  I
loved it and read more and more.  I fell for it completely.  I still remember
how he would write about the difference in the spirit between different types
of forests.  I still believe most of what he wrote.  It was so romantic.
  Then, I learned that he was a hoax, and not a particularly nice man.  I was
angry.  Later I realized that I still loved what he wrote.  I passed on his
books to others, but, I didn't tell them that the stories weren't 'spot on'.

  I am curious if this is connected to the person who calls himself gray owl?