Dave Fales, Troll, was Re: [at-l] Washin yer tent

> Uh - Dave?  You've got your head where you don't want it.  You ain't the
> only Triple Crown here.  What year on the CDT?  Did you do Temple - or the
> roadwalk - or the Popo Agie?  Which way through the Malpais?  How long a day
> through the Hat Creek Rim? I'll be REAL interested in your answers.

> Walk softly,
> Jim

	Actually, Jim, he ain't any sort of Triple Crown (but I think you
already know that).

	Amber, you asked if he's serious. The answer is, sort of. Dave Fales is
a liar and a troll. He hasn't done most of the things he claims, but he
expects people to believe him, solely on the basis of his weak-ass
stories.

	The last time we went through this, he made all of the following
claims, among others -

        Runs a guide service (but has not provided any contact
information for potentially interested parties.)

        Runs a Search & Rescue group (but again, no name or contact
info.)

        Has hiked the Triple Crown of trails. Twice. (but gives no
dates.)

        Has climbed to the summit of Denali. (again no dates.)

        Has climbed to the top of Everest. (again no dates.)

        Has law enforcement powers in the backcountry (but resorted to
childish vandalism rather than ticketing an individual violating
regulations.)

        Is often called upon by various outdoor gear companies to do
beta testing. (including many more bear canisters than are on the
market; but provides no names of companies.)

        Has written several articles for outdoor magazines (but provides
no magazine names or dates.)

        And so forth. When asked direct questions, such as when any of
this occurred, he either ignores the question or falls back on his
abusive statements. Ignoring him doesn't really work, as his unprovoked
attacks on Shane shows.

	In time the posts will become more and more offensive until he either
disappears again or, more likely, gets banned.

	Ron
--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas