Re[2]: [at-l] Speed Hiking

It is a distinct possibility that privately Benton M. was not enthused
about Earl's Thru-hike but at the time he overlooked it. I believe that
Earl after talking all night with him may
have realized that the real reason for the footpath was for pleasure.
Earl was never happier than out on the top of some mountain hiking,
sleeping  and enjoying nature. As I mentioned before he was not looking
for publicity but merely doing his thing on all three of his thru hikes.
 if you have not seen the film done by Morgan Hook of Virginia PBS about
the trail through Virginia it has a great interview with Bento M. We will
be showing it at Earl's memorial service. It also has film and stills of
Myron Avery.

John Shaffer