[at-l] cheap Thrus

--
In a message dated 4/2/2003 4:01:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> I hope you noticed that my implication was that you're NOT an "average"
> hiker.
>
> In fact, your estimate seems to more or less match mine - for a 6 month
> hike
> you seem to be talking $3000 - $3600.

Double yup!

I have to admit last years hike came closer to $800 per month or $4000+ for a
five month hike with 10 zero days.  Then again, I didn't want for nothing I
couldn't afford except for maybe a few more steak dinners.   This figure
includes most of my transportation costs.

A very rough estimate of my hike was $1.50 per mile with a 19 miles per day
on trail average.  I should note many times we were spliting a motel room 4
ways which definately helped.  No free hostels out there!

Sly