[at-l] another interesting and probably useless question

Greetings,

I kept my ground pad on the outside of my pack to sit on when we stopped.
Regarding plastic garbage bags, several years ago I started using a trash
compactor liner instead of a regular kitchen trash bag.  They last a long
time.  I believe you can buy as few as four in a box.  For ziplocks, I use a
quart size freezer bag, repacking my snacks (hershey almond bars, granola
bars, cytomax powder, tang, almonds, cashews, hard candy and the like) from
their original packaging.  As I use up my food, the empties become my trash
bags.  In my sections, my dinners are usually freeze-dried so I need a
ziplock to seal in my mess.  I also keep a ziplock for my camera and wallet.
For a typical 100 mile hike, I probably take two liners and perhaps 12-14
ziplocks.  I've used the same liners for a couple of 100 mile sections and
several short one and two nighters.  They're still in good shape, so I'll
probably take the same ones with me when I do my section from Gorham into
Maine this fall.  A quart ziplock can also isolate toxic socks.

I've noticed an emergence of additional Hoosiers on the list who exhibit
*normal* behavior.  Because of that, I've petitioned that the Indiana travel
ban alert be lowered to yeller, allowing travel on a case-by-case basis.

"What's the best investment?", a medidative Sherlock asked Watson.
"Stock, Holmes.  Zen drone." muttered Watson.

Just talking about Indianuh makes me dizzy.  And itchy.

Take Care,

Tim

plodder@juno.com plodder@juno.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:38:21 GMT