[at-l] cheap Thrus

--
In a message dated 4/2/2003 1:02:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> Might be interesting, but it's a very low probability occurrence.  New
> thruhikers sometimes attempt it, but experienced thruhikers are rarely that
>
> anal.

      ***   Agreed. BUT, that only makes its availability more useful since
nobody has the discipline to do so.

      Even better would be a thrift-hike documenter conscientious of what his
fellow hikers were spending and comparing the two.

      Over all, Sly's $2000 estimate is probably about right. I'm sure a
person determined to achieve an AT through-hike can go out and bust butt
working to stash the 2 grand needed to complete the task. The real cost is
lost income during the hike.

     LNT and wilderness experience added to the documentation would also be
useful (and maybe some crew work for good measure)...