[at-l] where do I find help?

--- Linda Elkins <hiker46256@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I live in Indianapolis &

We are everywhere. Resistance is futile.

Well Linda, for advice, you can get very good advice here.
For gear, probably either mailorder (via Campmor or REI
websites below) or for in-person go to Galyans there in
Caslteton for local purchases.

If you go to Fort Wayne regularly you can visit Earth
Adventures on West Main Street.

Note that if you are looking for a backpack, it's best if
you buy the backpack where you can actually try the thing
on. There are so many different body types out there that
you really need to wear the thing around a store with 30
lbs of weight in it for at least an hour, maybe two hours,
before you can have any kind of idea weather the pack is
going to work for you. You really won't know until after
the first 50 miles probably but you can certainly eliminate
some packs (even the popular ones if you have a body that
doesn't work with the fit of the pack) just by wearing them
around the store.

Here are some suggestions for outdoor gear websites. Also,
you can read some reviews by going to
http://www.BackpackGearTest.org and read about people who
have tried a wide variety of gear and what their thoughts
were about it.

Outdoor Hiking and Camping gear for sale websites:
http://www.rei.com
http://www.rei-outlet.com
http://www.campmor.com
http://www.sierratradingpost.com

Tents
http://www.wanderlustgear.com

Good down type sleeping bags:
http://www.westernmountaineering.com
http://www.featheredfriends.com

Popular Lightweight Gear:
http://www.golite.com

Alcohol Stoves:
http://www.hikenlight.com

Pot Cozies (for Evernew and MSR pots):
http://www.antigravitygear.com

If you have specific questions you can ask them here and
you'll get all kinds of opinions I would imagine.

Datto