[at-l] Presents

For my birthday I bought myself a few things. The Top Ten:

1) A Western Mountaineering Super Antelope Dryloft 5*F
sleeping bag long (used). I'm sending my Feathered Friends
Hummingbird sleeping bag to the Feathered Friends people
for reconditioning.

2) An Olympus Stylus 300 Digital camera -- weatherproof,
3.2 megapixals, 3x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom, remote
self-timer, two 64MB xD picture cards and the 16MB xD
Picture Card that comes with it. My previous camera that I
had used on my AT thru-hike in Year 2000 finally died when
I was on the PCT a few weekends ago. The duct tape holding
that camera together for years is still good though. Hey,
maybe now I can get some shots of bears without
experiencing two minutes of duct tape unraveling while the
bears are running away. "Wait! Wait! I'm almost ready!"

3) A PCT video of those novice guys who filmed their PCT
thru-hike and won some documentary awards with it. It's
available on the PCT website http://www.pcta.org . Also
bought the PCT databook and the PCT town guide and some
maps.

4) My pot cozy for my Evernew cookpot previously mentioned
http://www.antigravitygear.com

5) My first alcohol stove as previously mentioned --
http://www.hikenlight.com

6) A new weatherproof portable tape player with am/fm --
the mechanisms inside the one I had on my Year 2000 AT
thru-hike finally gave out (didn't even have to unwrap duct
tape to insert the cassette tapes neither).

7) Three more computers (didn't even have to unwrap the
duct tape holding the hard drives together on the old
ones). I actually bought used CPU chips this time to save
money and they're working fi$cV42&.

8) A fuzzy Polartec balaclava on-sale at REI for $12. In
hiker black of course.

9) My afforementioned webcam. Dankeshein, (Snap) I'm
singin' Dankeshein. (Snap)

10) Airline ticket to the PCT ADZ kickoff party at Lake
Moreno in southern California.

Datto

PS: AOL sent me a cdrom good for 1000 hours of free
Internet. Those people are so nice. How'd they know it was
my birthday?