[at-l] slow hike #1 - 03/27/2003

i hiked to sassafras gap shelter yesterday, and had lunch.  a weather front=
 looked like it might materialize, so i waited a bit.  it all blew over, so=
 out i went.  i bumped into some people i had hiked with previously, and it=
 seemed we were all headed to the same spot, so off we went...

after much UP and DOWN, we all arrived at locust cove gap and settled in.  =
after much verbal amusement and a wonderful campfire, we hit the sack.  the=
 coyotes were active...

today we hiked to stecoah gap.  after a break, everyone hiked on and i stuc=
k out my thumb.  my need for news again compelled me townward.  gary, from =
the hike inn, picked me up and took me to fontana village.  i'd have stayed=
 at the hike inn, but they only get one channel, and it isn't CNN...

i booked a room at the fontana inn, took a shower, and headed for the resta=
urant.  art cloutman and john were there, and i joined them.  art, john and=
 i are presently doing our laundry...

yikes, art just picked up the largest maildrop i have ever seen.  he has pr=
omised that it contains cookies, so i gotta sign off...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.