[at-l] AntiVirus software

--
So far this has been a horror show and I'm ready to throw the computer out
the window!

Here's a message I wrote to somone on AOL.  Perhaps some of you can go at i=
t=2E

Thanks,

Sly

Since I had a power supply failure about 10 days ago and replaced it
according to gateway instructions.=A0 I used the restoration CD's and
everything was working smoothly.=A0 I had a couple questions and went to the
Gateway support page and chatted with a rep after downloading a small progr=
am
so they could chat and see my computer.=A0 They asked me to pull up the help
page and my computer froze.=A0 Nothing I could figure worked, so I hard boo=
ted,
soft booted and was ready to literally boot the computer.=A0 Error messages,
control, alt deletes and more rebooting I finally=A0 was able to restart and
thought to use the system restore feature, which I had set the day before
when everything was working smoothly and all my lost programs were
re-intalled (took hours).=A0 Over half way through the restore, the the
computer froze=A0 again.=A0 Nothing seemed to work this time.=A0

Well ok, I figured a few more hours wouldn't hurt and tried the restoration
CD's again.=A0 Didn't load so smoothly this time.=A0 On and off the phone w=
ith
the Gateway rep I was finally able to get windows up and running along with=
few programs, including AOL.=A0 I still needed to re-install several from t=
he
restoration CD's such as my DVD player program/driver, and an old version of
Norton which always seemed to work.=A0 Now the CD's were giving me error
messages and wouldn't allow me to use this feature to re-install programs
that came with the computer.=A0 Finally after email support I was told that
they'd send out some new CD's which should work and allow me to use the old
CD's again.=A0 That will be a couple days when they come in.

So, time on my hand I run a online scan for kicks from the Norton site.=A0 =
They
tell me I have vbs.entice.=A0 I download their 14 day trial.=A0 Install it,=
 run
it and get an error message, file to big.=A0 Now they want me to isolate wh=
ere
the file is coming from.=A0 I narrowed it down to and get the same error, f=
ile
too big message from AOL, a Delorme program, my common files and Explorer.=
=A0 I
was told to scan each file in these programs individually.=A0 Wow, that's a=
 lot
of work!=A0 Isn't that what the program is for?

So anyway, I've downloaded just about every program on the net trying to get
it to work=A0 (deleting the last) all stop the computer with an error messa=
ge
or waol.=A0

Any suggestions?=A0 : )