[at-l] Pot question

I think I solved the problem too late. I built a new soda can stove from
SoBe energy drink cans. These cans are about 2 inches taller than regular
soda cans ( irrelevant) and maybe an inch narrower (important).  I thought
having the flame more tightly contained beneath the pot would make a more
efficient stove, but it didn't make any difference in the boil times. What
it did do was stop burning the handles. If you go this route note that the
cans seem to be a bit more delicate (it may just be the construction
stresses compounded by the smaller diameter) than regular soda cans.
Hmmm, what I do have is some of the muffler tape left from when I built the
stove. That may have a somewhat longer lifespan than duct tape. OTOH it may
just get as hot as the handles anyway... time to experiment...

skeeter