[at-l] slow hike #1 - 03/22/2003

had a wonderful solo night in my tent at burningtown gap, all others had go=
ne to the next shelter.  the temps dropped quickly near dusk, but rose agai=
n during the night.  coyotes were very active throughout the night, a coupl=
e coming within a rocks throw of the tent.  other critter noises woke me no=
w and again...

i lit out quick this morning after packing very wet (from condensation) ten=
t and bag.  the climb to cold spring shelter was fast and easy.  laura and =
sabina were not even out of their tent when i arrived.  the shelter was abu=
zz with cooking and filtering and privying and packing...

i ate, then lit out again.  the weather was chilled and perfect, and the tr=
ail was forgiving (mostly).  i hiked alone and rested periodically.  at wes=
ser bald there is a wonderful observation tower with 360 degree views, and =
what views they were.  i got a signal on the cell phone and called my sweet=
ie back in pittsburgh...

i am in for the night at wesser bald shelter...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.