[at-l] OT - News coverage of the war.

I received the following information from the =93The New York Times=94 onli=
ne.
If you are tired of the talking heads on radio and television saying almost
nothing - - which is because they know no more - - and are wondering what is
going on, this may provide what you want in a well written and concise
format.  [I subscribe to this - - it=92s free - - but have no other
affiliation with the NYT.]

**********

extra editions of Today's Headlines as news warrants.  For updates
throughout the day, visit www.nytimes.com

Iraqi Capital Comes Under Air Attack as U.S. Ground Forces Fire Across
Border:  The intense bombardment began just after 8 p.m. local time and was
broadcast live around the world by television crews still in place in the
Iraqi capital.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/20/international/worldspecial/20CND-IRAQ.htm=
l?th

U=2ES. Is Uncertain Whether Air Strike on Baghdad Got Hussein:  Defense
Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said today that he was not certain whether it
was indeed Saddam Hussein who appeared on Iraqi television last night.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/20/international/worldspecial/20CND-MILI.htm=
l?th

Turkey Opens Airspace for U.S. Warplanes:  Turkey's Parliament voted today
to open its airspace to American warplanes bound for Iraq, both to transport
troops to northern Iraq and to take supplies to the region.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/20/international/worldspecial/20CND-TURKEY.h=
tml?th

World Leaders Express Applause, Regret and Anger:  The opening salvos of the
war today earned the United States polite applause from some traditional
allies, expressions of regret from others and furious condemnation from its
usual enemies.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/international/international-iraq-reaction.ht=
ml?th

- WAR IN THE GULF- Complete Coverage:  A special section includes the latest
reports from Times correspondents in the Persian Gulf, a daily news summary,
live discussions, slide shows, audio, video and interactive maps.
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/world/worldspecial/?th

Steve

P=2ES.  A damn bear ran off with my bird feeder tonight!

http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail