Re[2]: [at-l] AMC's response to me

Weary wrote:
>>"... But a salary of over $300,000 plus the perks, plus the location, plus
>>ad hominum..."
>
>Hmmm. We started with with "compensation" of $220,000. How did it get >to
>"over $300,000 plus...."

Hmmm - never heard of "overhead", huh?  Those companies that contract to the
gubmint include an "overhead" charge of up to 130% of base salary - for
every employee.  Covers office space, furniture, pencils, phones, computers,
  insurance, medical, unemployment compensation, Social Security --- and
about 100 other "employer expenses".

It adds up quickly.  Even for an NPO.  In fact, for $220,000 compensation,
it would add up to over $500K per year.  Would an NPO get away with
"cheaper"?  Maybe - but not much.  Many of those "employer expenses" are
mandated - and others are necessary operating expenses. But it's all still
an expense when you get to the bottom line.

Walk softly,
Jim