[at-l] Got a question

Tori... let me make an analogy to how your friend is feeling. It can be
likened to many things, I'll make two examples.

1: Let's say an athlete, doesn't matter what level, is getting ready for a
game that day. That athlete is thinking about nothing else except his/her
preparations for the game. Family takes a back seat, lunch takes a back seat
(unless you're a wrestler), and the social life is filed away until later.
The point here is, hiking the AT is a HUGE undertaking and it takes tons of
preparation. As the clock tick down to the finals seconds [or weeks], a
planner may think about little else except getting on that trail.

2: Or we can look at it like a wedding. The poor bride has stressed over
this for weeks, months, and in some cases years. Those last two weeks are
crazy, and any groom in his right mind stays far away from her, knowing he'd
only get in the way.

Your feelings are understandable and normal, and I can only give you a few
points of advice. He'll be coming back... and perhaps absense makes the
heart grow fonder.

Just be sure you're the first one there to give him a big congratulatory hug
when he's done... or a consoling one if if can't finish.

ryan