[at-l] Spring? (OT)

--
In a message dated 3/13/2003 10:18:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TheSwampBlar@aol.com writes:

> The trees and flowers definitely have the look of Spring (bright
> green leaves and colorful flowers) and we saw all kinds of wildlife along
> the
> river. Turtles and gators and snakes -- oh my!!!

        ***    A few days ago a father in Clewiston heard his 6 year old son
screaming in the backyard. He ran out to find the boy in a 10 foot
alligator's jaws in the drainage ditch. Fear gone, the father attacked the
gator with fists making it release the boy, upon which he was then bitten
himself. The gator then took the boy by the shoulder. The father was
fortunate to find a rock next to him and proceeded to bash the gator soundly.
The gator let go and the boy only suffered minor bite wounds.

        The father was quoted as saying he tries not to think what would have
happened if he wasn't there. Authorities said such attacks are rare. Florida
Fish & Wildlife Agency rangers later killed the alligator.

       It seems to me that they were better letting it live and relocating
it. A dead alligator doesn't pass on genes telling it to stay away from
humans because they'll bash you with a rock...