[at-l] War and Peace update

The only experience I had with the USO was in Chicago, we stumbled across a
USO lounge in the loop area, the only USO joint I ever saw in six years in
the Navy. They were charging well above market rates for everything in the
place. I heard the same story from others. Of course they did do free USO
shows in Nam and in other war zones but I never got to see one.

Official Navy policy was very anti-Red Cross, the Navy has its own no-charge
charity: Navy Relief. For example Navy families could get an emergency loan
if they needed money quickly. The Red Cross charged high interest rates,
Navy Relief no interest.

 The Red Cross was notorious for bringing candy and cigarerettes to men on
the front lines during WWII and Korea then demanding payment for the same on
the spot. Plus to top this all the Red Cross director makes a very big
salary. Of course we've all heard of their 9-11 chicanery too.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"