[at-l] War and Peace (off topic)

At 08:57 PM 3/12/2003 -0500, KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:
>--
>I'll try to write this without interjecting any of my views on the inevitable
>war.  So here goes.
>
>Regardless of your views, these people that have been deployed to fight in
>the Middle East signed on to protect our country.  They don't chose what war
>to fight in.  I think these people need our support.
>
>I was thinking it might be cool if we as a "community" could do something for
>them.  I thought about the pen-pal thing, but they've probably got a lot of
>people already writing them.  I was thinking more along the lines of baking
>them cookies, sending them things they need that aren't readily available,
>like sunscreen lip balm, which I can get for a dime a dozen down here in
>Florida.  I don't know, this is just a thought in process.  What do you guys
>think?  I don't even know where to begin!
>
>Kelly (Whew, did good, didn't I?  Ya'll don't know where I stand on this war,
>do you?)

I just contacted a friend at Fort Drum (home of the 10th Mountain Division)
for information on what we could send and how. The folks who would deal
with that are tied up right now with the aftermath of the chopper accident.
My friend will get back to me next Monday. Those who are interested can
contact me off list to get copies of his reply.

Saunterer