Re[2]: [at-l] RE: NFP CEO pay

Non profits are a legitimate career path. People enter knowing they will never
get really rich, but can both earn a living and do some good at the same time.

MATC can hire caretakers and ridgerunners at less than liveable wages because it
is a traditional starting position. Most take the job as a stepping stone ( a
resume point) to something better.

 Like any other career, non profit work is also competitive. People try to
better themselves, increase their responsibilities and provide better for their
families. Like any job, it's competitive.

 As I remember, when Falender took over the AMC it was running in the red and
 membership was stagnating. It has now completed a very successful capital
 campaign, membership is growing and the group has a far better than average
 membership retention record. He also from time to time sends me notes saying he
 likes my newsletters. For all these reasons, I think he probably earns his pay.

 Weary