[at-l] RE: NFP CEO pay

Greetings,

I acknowledge your point that nonprofit salaries trail for-profit
enterprises.  I did factor that in, but I was vague in my post.  I agree
that a CEO heading a for-profit enterprise with over $20 million in revenue
would command a higher salary than at a nonprofit.
http://www.nptimes.com/Feb03/sr1.html gives a timely assessment of nonprofit
salaries.  Being a public servant, I of course cannot swing the $15 charge
for the full report, but the overview notes a mean CEO salary of about
$89,000.  That's just for the mean ones - I assume the nice ones make more.
The article contains no stratified information by nonprofit size, but I'd
guess that AMC is "above average" based upon receipts, but not among the
very largest - based upon 2001 receipts, the 100th largest charity had
income of about $98 million.  AMC salaries *could* be in line with some of
its large, visionless counterparts.

As to your postscript posit of my inadequate remuneration, I'll just say
that there are many others doing far more for far less, but possibly some on
the other side.

Take Care,

Tim (who is attempting to break the Weary postscript length record currently
held by Sloetoe by mentioning his trip report with his 11 year old middle
son and how beautiful it was along the Chinnabee Silent and Cheaha Lake
Trails in Talladega National Forest/Cheaha State Park this past Friday and
Saturday, perfectly clear for stargazing, along with good flow for the
waterfalls [did I break the record?])