From: Bob C. [mailto:ellen@clinic.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:10 PM
To: William Neal
Cc: 'Ken Powers'; AT-L List (E-mail)
Subject: Re[2]: [at-l] need help finding toothpaste supplies

Many convenience stores, especially those in communities heavily used by
tourists carry one ounce tubes of some popular brands of tooth paste.

It ain't free. In fact it's pretty expensive on an ounce basis, but also
pretty
minimal when compared with the costs of a long distance hike. Having had the
misfortune of making several visits to hospitals last year, I collected
quite a
few tubes of a generic tooth cleaner, which I carefully hoarded for a future
walk. It's not my preferred Crest, but it may be better for my teeth and
almost
weightless. As a bonus, it is less foaming, making it aesthetically more
"Leave
No Trace."

 Weary