From: Todd Bimmel [mailto:tbimmel@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:01 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Stove and Boot Question

Looking for some feedback on stoves.  Do you really need one on the AT? Or
can you build fires on pretty much the entire trail?  Do you know much about
folding stoves?  I've found a couple, they're cheap and light and
small(about $10 and under 1 lb) will they hold up on the trail?  They run on
solid fuel(canned fuel and solidified alcohol) each one having about 2 hours
of burn time.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Do they work well?

Also looking for some feedback on boots.  I'm going to be doing some weekend
hikes.  What do you suggest I can get for under $65?

Thanks all!
-Todd