[at-l] War but not THAT ONE!

After talking to some people, I have a question.  Are there any
Revolutionary and/or Civil War sites on or near the trail?  When I say near
the trail I mean within reasonable walking distance, and not as far away as
Boston ;-).  I know about the Shelton boys, but such sites are usually not
that interesting for the people I am asking for.  Mainly because they would
not walk that far just for a couple of regular soldiers grave.  Now if is
were Stonewall's grave or somebody else (North or South) who was famous,
that would be another question.  And if the site were a full blown battle
field, they would go ape over it.  But its a mixed group I am asking for and
any help would be appreciated.  Especially since they are mostly day-hikers
(if that) and only one or two are even considering long hikes (a couple
retiring within a year or two).  Mostly they are people who are military
history fans.

William, The Turtle