[at-l] Hammock/Negatives

At 10:26 AM 3/9/2003 -0500, Amber wrote:
>--
>--
>The one thing that scares me about a hammock is the fact it might flip
>over and then you find yourself meshed against the over head screen and
>roof with all your sleeping gear piled on top of you. I think I'd have to
>cut myself out a few times in a hurry until I got used to it. Amber.
>--

I use a Clark Jungle Hammock. I've never flipped it and frankly think it
would be almost impossible to do. Like someone else mentioned, there are no
spreader bars and given the way it is suspended (sort of like lying in a
cloth tub) I don't see how it could flip. There are negatives to hammocks
(not good for really cold weather, no space inside for your pack) but I
have found flipping over to be one of them.

Saunterer