[at-l] Idea for WOW pic on AT

Film records whatever light shines on it (within the limits of it's
latitude) for as long as it shines on it. One of the limitations of digital
is that the sensors (at least those used in consumer cameras) don't
"remember" light over long periods of time so exposure isn't cumulative
like it is with film. Many of the photos on AOPD are digital (all of them
from the Hubble telescope and other space based images) but I think they
must be compiling repeated exposures or computer enhancing them. Any
astronomers out there who know how they do that digitally?