[at-l] Thru-hiker count 3/6/03: 170 at Neels Gap

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 01:59  PM, John O wrote:
> According to the Walasi-Yi Center, approximately 170 thru-hikers have
> reached
> Neels Gap as of yesterday (March 6).
> On March 6 last year, 108 people had signed in.

It is surprising to me that there is such a difference
between 2002 and 2003 considering that the winter weather
was much worse this year than in 2002.  Maybe the
consistent message that you need to hike early to avoid
the crowds has been followed by too many people?

Radar
homepage.mac.com/at2002/
AT2002,PCT2004?,CDT?