[at-l] prescription meds in the mail

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:40:04 -0500 William Neal <nealb@midlandstech.com>
writes:
> I never knew that.  And I never followed that.  But are you likely to
> be
> carrying controlled perscriptions?  Most likely such perscriptions
> would
> keep you off the trail.  I mean if you have a medical condition that
> is so
> serious that you need a "controlled" substance are you likely to be
> able to
> hike

What??!! Poor old Hopeful. He's got one foot in the grave and the other
on a banana peel. Before ya'll start making funeral arrangements for me,
let me explain that last time I was at my doctor's office for a physical
he says to me "What ails you, Hopeful?"

And I says, "Just old Arthur," says I to him.

"Lay up on this here table," says he.

Well, he commenced to bend my knees and ankles this way and that. When he
got done bending and twisting, he don't say a word about arthritis, no
sir. He says, "Hmmm....... Hopeful, you got strong legs for an old man!"

Now how do ya'll like that?! I have to pay the young dude to be told I'm
an old man.

One of the wondered of modern medicine is that us old dudes can take
medication that control our arthritis and keep on hiking. So, if it's all
the same to ya'll, don't order no wreaths just yet.   Hopeful

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com