[at-l] Out-n-Back hikes

Red,

It was wonderful waking up to your messages and happy wishes for the hikers
this year.  I too have "Springer Fever" which has been deeper this year as
we have not been able to get to Springer yet for the usual send offs.  We
were supposed to be hooking up with Pitts this weekend for a three week hike
from Springer to Fontana but, with Jan's back injury, that is not going to
happen.

I love the stories about your mom and truly understand the feelings.  It was
my now deceased parents who nurtured the love I feel for the woods and
trails.  I "see" them in all the beauty of the outdoors, in the sunsets and
butterflies and, it is when I am out there that I find peace

Blessings to the Hikers this year!  May they find that peace along their
journies.

Hummingbird.

---