[at-l] slow hike boot choice

While an official ounce weinie, I would suggest you choose your
footwear on something other than weight. What shape are your
feet in? How well do the shoes fit? Do you need ankle support?
Do you plan on a fashion statement?

Both choices in your hands are possibly good and possibly poor.
The slow hike at least provides the opportunity to experiment.
Consider starting with the boots, mail the shoes to Neel's Gap
and decide to change or return them home.

Bill...