[at-l] Good news, bad news

Hopeful wrote:
>Hello all. Well I have some bad, bad news. My annual spring section hike
>that I had scheduled for this March in now in the trash can. There is just
>no way possible that I can do what I have to do and still take time in
>March to hike. So much for the bad news. Now for the good news.
>
>I JUST GOT LAID OFF!!!!! Praise God, I'm am going to plan and begin a thru
>hike is 32 days! Hopeful, who has many things to do!

Hopeful -
I'm catching up on at-l this morning - and fimally found something I just
had to respond to.

Now you've gone and made me envious.  I'm not sure how I'd manage it if they
did lay me off, but somehow we'd be on a trail this year if it happened.
But they're not gonna do that - they just put me on the org chart. That
means they think they've got me forever (or as long as "they" want me).  But
the hope is always there that they'll decide I don't fit in the budget and
set me free.  S'OK - if they don't, I'll be gone in 3 years anyway.  It's a
plan.

But if I can't go this year, I'm very very happy that you can.  It's been a
long wait for you, but I think you'll find the Trail will be even better for
you because of that wait.

The only advice I'd give you is - don't spend too much time planning.
Gather your gear and go out and hike instead.

Of course, that's free advice - and we all know what that's worth, don't we
  <VVVBG>

Walk softly, my friend -
Jim