[at-l] What do I do?

--
I reckon I'm looking for a sympathetic ear.  I don't know.  My mother was
laid off from her job after two years.  She's almost 60, and supports herself
and my dad.  She doesn't have a retirement plan.  I have no siblings.  She's
had a hard, hard life, and doesn't deserve all the shit she's gone through in
her life, much less the things she's going through in what should be her
golden years.  I love this woman more than life, and I'm so sad.  My heart
breaks for her, and I don't know what to do or say to her.

I look at this list as more than a forum for information.  I've grown to
depend on it for good advice outside the usual trail talk.   What should I
do?  How do I care for my aging parents?  I'm not rich by any stretch of the
imagination.

Are there any listers in the same situation?  Any ideas?  A shoulder for
tears.  I love her so much, and I don't want to see her stress like this.
She's a lovely woman, and I love her dearly.

I'm sorry, I reckon I'm venting more than anything.  If I could only win the
lottery...:)

Kelly