[at-l] dogs and screwed up posts

--
OK, for the last time.  I have a dog.  I love my dog.  My dog hiked part of the AT with me.

when copying/replying to others' posts, please be sure you've got straight who's talking about what.  thanks.

-tab

>>Tab,
A lot of people just do not understand the bond that can occur between a dog
and its human. I feel sorry for these people. They gripe and complain about
sharing the trail, water sources, shelters, etc. with dogs, while in reality
this enviorment is more naturally the dogs' than it is the human's.
I has been my experience that people that do not like dogs, do not like to
be around dogs, and will do nothing to accomidate ddogs are self-centered
and care only for their own well-being. You will never convince them to
share their space with a dog.
Can you imagine someone griping about a dog drinking out of a water source
when countless other animals have taken a drink there also.
I would much rather have a dog's tounge in that water source than a dirty,
grubby hiker's hand(only God knows what kind of nasties are on it). Or how
about that water bottle? Is it germ-free? Give me a break!
I guess you can tell that I am an unapologetic dog-lover that when I do my
hike, my dog will be right there sharing it with me. I will not be hiking my
own hike or hiking my dog's hike, I will be hiking our hike.
John Carnahan
jac_150@hotmail.com

--
[ Tab Combs.vcf of type text/x-vcard deleted ]