[at-l] Fw: [PATH] March

Any one want to join in the fun?

Chainsaw

----- Original Message -----
From: <AslanBeaver@aol.com>
To: <PATH-List@Path-at.org>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 9:29 AM
Subject: [PATH] March

It is hard to believe, but we are almost ready for our first "Official" Path
Work Weekend.  It will be March 14-16.  It will be at the Konnarock Facility
in Sugar Grove, Va.  You can get directions to the facility on our PATH
Website--PATH-AT.ORG---This is usually the most attended of any work weekend
that we have.  As you might remember last year we had 60 degrees of balmy
weather.  However, that was very unusual.  It is not unusual to have snow on
this weekend. Thus you will want to pack warm clothing.  You may stay in the
Pods or the main building where there is heat!!!!!  Walt and Charlyne Davis,
in the absence of Susan our Social Director, will coordinate another of our
famous PATH Buffet Suppers.  Friday night and Saturday Morning many of us
will go to the Sugar Grove Diner to eat. The meals are GREAT!!! and very
reasonable.  ATTILA is already lining up work to do for this trip.

Privyman Jr.-Andrew-has already had two successful Privy Weekends.  The
Privies for Davis Path and Knot Maul have been completed and are ready to go
on the trail.

As we prepare for this weekend, I want to remind you that Scholarships are
available for members to take Wilderness First Aid, Red Cross CPR and First
AID.  The club will pay half of your expenses to take these courses.  Send
your bill to Tony Roberts, our treasurer, to be reimbursed.  You need these
courses to get certified in Chain Saw School.

At Christmas time Attila and I put out a wish list of things that we need.
If you have these items please bring them with you on this weekend.  I am
inclosing the list incase you forgot what was on it. ---

This is the time of year to wish for gifts for the coming year. We hope
that some of you will be able to donate some of these
items to PATH. Two years ago you all came forward and got us the things
that
we needed. So here is our wish list for 2003--
1. Rags-old "t" shirts
2. Trash can for the work room at Wytheville
3. 1" paint brushes for painting blazes (can be the disposable type)
4. White semi-gloss oil paint (quart or gallon size) to paint blazes
5. Ice cream buckets (plastic) with lids
6. Trash Bags-large leaf size
7. Kitchen Supplies-Paper plates (heavy duty), napkins, Cups (7 ounces or

larger)(paper or plastic), Paper towels, Ziploc or Hefty Zip lock bags-quart
or gallon size
8. Loppers and hand pruners
9. Gas Cans(plastic)-gallon or two gallon size
10. Paint scrappers
11. Shovels-with long handles
12. Paint thinner or turpentine
13. Fire extinguisher-ABC Type
14. Small tools-screw drivers, pliers, rubber hammer, scissors, metal
cutters, Magic markers
15. Plastic Wedges-for using with chain saws

If any of our members could contribute these items for next year we would
greatly appreciate it. This will save us a bundle from having to buy them.
Check around the house, you may have some of these things and are no longer
using them. If you can bring them with you on the next work trip that you
attend.  You can even count them as a tax right off in 2003.

Do not forget to put Summerfest 2 on your schedule.  The dates are June
18-23.  We will be replacing the puncheons and shoring up the bridge on the
Middle Holsten River.  This will be a great week.  We had a wonderful time
on
the Chatfield Project last year.  Again Privyman, Jr., Andrew Mitchell, will
be heading up this project.

Hope that you all have had a good winter.  We hope that yesterday's blast of
ice here in Salisbury will be our last of the year.  The grandchildren
already lost Spring Break and have to go to school on two Saturdays.

Aslan and I are looking forward to seeing you on the first weekend. If you
have any questions let me know--Aslanbeaver@AOL.COM

Happy trails,

John Hartpence-Path Secretary