[at-l] OT historical summary {WAS Andrew Jackson}

Since Clinton and Jackson were both Democrats, possibly this bashing is
related to something dealing with the trail. Clinton did try to maintain
funding for parks and recreational services. Jackson did promote long
distance hiking, developing the famous Trail of Tears.

But this entire thread is indicative of the decreased list activity
anticipated each March as our hiker friends prepare for spring walks and
thru-hike season. The rest are left here to fend for ourselves, some to
envy others preparing for the trail. I wish that some weekend we could see
such off topic threads and vitriol fail to make their scheduled appearance,
if only for genuine list harmony.

OrangeBug
(Wishing I could meet up with the March 1 starters and shake their hands on
Springer. Good luck! I'll be thinking of Ted all day, also.)