[at-l] Sages ravine

> The first leads west from the AT about half-way down the north (steep)
slope
> of Bear Mt, just where it flatttens out a bit.  It comes in just before
the
> Paradise Lane Trail (which enters from the east).

I hope Cosmo doesn't mind my jumping in...

That sounds like the Northwest Road. It does connect to East St. and then
along the CT/MA border over Mt. Frissell (Mt Frissell Trail) to the South
Taconic Trail. I've used it as the lower end of a loop that includes
Alander, and Everett. It's a wonderful hike.

Reference http://users.crocker.com/~vhoyt/alanrigaloop.html . That's a site
I built several years ago, but have not updated in about three years. It was
called A Dayhiker's Guide to Northampton. If you look at some of the other
hikes on there, you'll see I really like that southwest section of MA.
There's a map, and a profile for every hike. Most of the personal stuff is
way out of date, and just as gut-wrenchingly pompous as the day I wrote it.
Sigh. HTML Jacta Erat.