[at-l] Shelters

>"...I can agree that minimizing impact by concentrating campsites is probably a
>good thing.  Wouldn't water sources and other geographical features do that in
>the absence of shelters?  A good camp site is a good campsite..." observes
>Shane.

I would shift the effort maintaining clubs now put into shelter construction and
repair into creating more developed campsites, with privies, water sources and
developed tent sites -- not necessarily wood platforms, but ideally graded level
spots. Properly done, the latter would fit better into the natural environment
and reduce future maintenance.

 Weary