[at-l] Progress report... Bob

> Second - a single line from the Thruhiking
> Papers -

(Which he as read...)

> >The equipment doesn't get anyone to Katahdin.
> >What WILL get you there is what's in your
> >head and your heart - your attitude,
> >determination and commitment.

> Third - the practical application of that one
> line -

> What follows is the entirety of a post to cdt-
> l back in '99 "before" Ginny and I left to
> thruhike the CDT.

Yep.  All about mindset.  Right now, Bob's biggest problem is the footwear.
I'm tempted to put him into sandals at this point...

Personally, when my *perfectly* fitting and *perfectly* comfortable boots
suddenly started torturing me, I hiked in socks.  I was better off without
the boots.  In the end, I learned how to hike barefoot and now I mostly hike
in sandals.  Why torture yourself?  This mindset is alien to most newbies.

In the end, you can do it - so 'just do it'.  That's a phrase I was using
long before Nike used it as a marketing slogan...

Shane