[at-l] Re: Dogs

Yah know I have often seen folks say on these lists that hiking with a dog
is intrusive to the hike of others. But what I haven't seen is these same
folks say that they are going to stay home because there hiking is also
intrusive to other hikers. LOL so if that is your argument for someone else
leaving there dog home, perhaps you should be as considerate as you want the
trail dog hiker be. Even as a lone hiker, your hike is intrusive on another
hikers hike. If you stay in a shelter; go to bed early or late, get up early
or late, snore or dislike snoring you actions are intrusive to the hike of
others.

HYOH is about minding your own business and letting the other guy mind his.
The AT is a public place and other folks are going to use it, that's just a
fact of life. If you don't want other folks intruding on your hike your
going to have to find a place where there aren't any people (which isn't
always easy if you plan to stay here on earth for your hiking).  People,
dogs, cats, goats, mice, and bears you meet are just another part of the
wildlife. As long as you are HYOH they wont bother you, they are part of the
experience. When you consider them intrusive, you aren't HYOH.

Rocky