[at-l] Original 2000 Mile Cheater?

interesting - i wonder what the old registers and ATC records say?  From
a lawyer's perspective, Justice Douglas was an amazing advocate for "the
environment."  [see my many prior musing for why I put that phrase in
quotes.]  Douglas was a strong advocate for, in legal parlance, giving
trees and other natural resources legal "standing" in the courts, such
that anyone who enjoyed such resources could file a lawsuit in the
courts in the name of the resource and be heard.  This concept was not
adopted by our courts, but Douglas' efforts were a primary force in
liberalizing the law of "standing" such that environmental groups can
often have standing to file suits [some good; some bad] seeking to
protect natural resources by only having one member show a close enough
connection to that natural resource.

Faults and all, he was quite a fellow!

thru-thinker