[at-l] Re: Cabin Fever?

Thank you all.

My little essay was more a rumination on the sorts of thoughts and
feelings floating thru the head two weeks before the Big Walk than a
plea for help. Being the chronicler I seem to be, I wanted to set the
experience down, and share it.

But I appreciate SO MUCH the outpouring of support, both on and
off-list, from thru-hikers and getting-ready-to-thru-hikers.
The two most heart-warming expressions were. in summary:

1) Yeah, I felt/feel this too, this is normal
2) You're not alone.

I don't feel alone.
Hugs all,
Jan
11 days...
PS Come to think of it, I don't feel "normal" either...
;-)

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> Jan LiteShoe wrote:
> >You know, I am starting to get a familiar feeling. It's coming on stronger
> >every day as things get wedged into storage, as I pack up my life to spend
> >six months on the AT. It is a very insecure, rootless feeling. (I wonder if
> >those of you AT hikers who are leaving a spouse at home to keep the home
> >fires burning have a similar feeling.)
>
> Jan -
> Not everyone gets that feeling - but most do.  Most people were raised to be
> "good citizens", to be "productive", to go to work, raise a family - and not
> climb out of the box that we've been assigned.  And the training runs deep.
> And in spite of all the wonderful words that others have to say about the
> Trail, that training is not an easy thing to overcome.
    	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/
	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.